Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Knitting Hats



NJ has been having its lovey days of Africa hot weather. And during these lovely days I have been inspired to knit my son a winter hat. 



I must have heat stroke.

Of course, finding a pattern where it is not an animal or so cutesy for a baby/toddler is almost impossible. I finally found a pattern on Major Knitter. Basic Newborn Baby Hat. It was quick and easy, but mine did not come out quite like the picture. I am almost certain it is because I used a different yarn. I am one of those rebellious knitters who will sometimes choose not to follow the recipe. I call them recipes instead of patterns. Anyway, it still looks cute, I will have to upload a photo. The next pattern I am working on is called the George Hat and I am using a color combo of brown and green. This one is not knitted in the round, but flat and I am going to sew the top together unlike the author who left it open. There is a bear hat, on Fiber Flux just a brown hat with pompom type ears, but it is not overly cutesy. By that I mean it does not have a face on it, see?

 
This will be the project after I finish the George Hat. I am not sure I would do it in brown, maybe a fun blue or something.
I had stopped knitting for awhile so it is nice to get back into it. 

Writing still goes on at all odd and spare moments. Sometimes I am able to write even when my little man is playing right next to me which is a big plus. Of course, this is when he lets me write and does not try to work the computer. :)

Cheers!
MissFifi




No comments:

Post a Comment