Monday, April 2, 2012

Cemeteries

I am sure I could have come up with a more creative title, but due to lack of sleep, that is all I got.

Cemeteries have always held a fascination for me. All the history, the old tombstones. I like to visit those that no longer have visitors. You know, people buried in 1877 and what not. There was one tombstone I had seen once that has always stuck with me. The woman passed away during child birth then her baby died six weeks later. I wish I could recall the date because I wonder if there was a flu epidemic or if it was just the sign of the times.
One of the things I have always wanted to do was put together a photography book of random tombstones like the one I just mentioned as a way of documenting area histories. It would probably go along the line of this book.

Here are some samples of headstones that embody what I would like to compile into a book.



This one mentions the cholera epidemic: 





Cheers!
MissFiFi

No comments:

Post a Comment