Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just A Few Things

Still on my documentary kick, on a friends recommendation, I have been watching Sister Wives. I have to say, out of all the reality shows I have ever been exposed to, this one is the mildest. I watch it and feel like I am just being allowed a glimpse into how one family lives without stupid drama, over scripted screaming and tacky broads. (Thank you Housewives of ______) I get that polygamy grosses out some folks, but here are consenting adults, doing their thing, raising well adjusted, God fearing kids that they encourage to pursue their dreams. That is more then I can say about the Duggars where the girls are expected to just be baby machines.
I get that it is considered illegal, but in all honesty, they are not hurting anyone and I think most folks would agree that there are much worse crimes going on than polygamy. As one reviewer pointed out you see it more of a matriarchal set up instead of patriarchal. I agree to an extent because in some ways, the women definitely rule the home. In other ways, the husband Kody's word is it at times.

My current read is The Poisoners Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York. Pretty good so far, but since I have only just started, I will hold off on a detailed description of the book.

Writing has been put on hold since I have been getting baby ready. We had our shower and I have more baby wipes then Babies R Us keeps in their distribution centers. This of course is awesome! Actually, I reworked my query letter for the bounty hunter story because I would like to shop it around again while working on the angels story. While I have been very good about organizing my day, I have gotten a little bubble headed. Can I say pregnancy brain? I have to make vocal decisions to take care of things so I do not end up floating around starting five tasks at once.

Intrigued by a cover on Entertainment Weekly, I decided to go to the F/X website and watch the first two episodes of "American Horror Story". Holy freaky deaky series! I am hoping they upload the other episodes so I can keep watching it. It is like a mix of "The Shining", "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" (Original not stupid remake) and every other well done creepy, eerie horror movie/story done. So perfect for the Halloween season too.

Cheers!
MissFifi















No comments:

Post a Comment