Friday, September 9, 2011

A Sunny Friday

Today is sunny and it makes one want to skip around in the grass with joy. Not that it means places are not still flooded or filled with stagnant water. All it really means is that there is finally a reprieve from all the downpours we have endured day after day. Hurricane season, in a word, sucks. And not just for coastal cities anymore it seems. Myself, I would have liked to have been able to store this water and send it to Texas to give them a hand with their drought. Alas, it was not to be.

Due to the impending arrival of a bundle of joy in the next few months, we have had to move rooms and possessions around to accommodate. What I have discovered is that not only is my husband a whirlwind when he gets going on a serious project, but that moving the office to the room off the kitchen was actually a fantastic idea. I am happy to sit here at the desk and write/knit/sew with complete abandon. My husband likes it because he is just in the living room and we are on the same floor so he can pop in just to chat. Not that walking upstairs was a pain, but it is just easier.
What is most surprising is that I really, really like the set up in this bright green room. There's a good vibe which is making me work much better. Changes have had to happen, yet again, but they are flowing better. I feel more in tune with the story and with y inner muse. Too bad it could not be an outer muse that looked like Richard Armitage or Hugh Jackman, but that is just me.
Someone suggested I watch the what sounded heinous reality show Dance Moms. As someone who hates reality tv, I gave this a go and within one minute I knew it was not for me. I am all for teaching children what healthy competition is and that not everyone is a winner, but when you speak to them and say, "I can make you or break you." Hell no. Plus it takes place in Pittsburgh. Let me be a regional NYC snob for a moment and ask you to name a famous dancer out of Pittsburgh. Now I will blow your mind. Ready? The fabulous Martha Graham is one. Gene Kelly is another. Who knew?? Here is a list of famous people who were born or have lived in Pittsburgh at one time or another. See? You learn something new everyday :)

Cheers!
MissFifi


No comments:

Post a Comment