Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Publishers and Book Stores: Will they get it together?

Publicity agent Kathleen Schmidt tweeted a great explanation how the closing of Borders effects the publishing industry and all of us writers. I think the real question that needs to be asked is what have been book stores been doing wrong that these massive chains are taking hits and closing? I myself have always loved The Strand in NYC, but I do not go there all the time. Yes I have a Kindle, but ever since publishers decided to charge $12.99 for e-books that I can get in paperback for $9.99 or at the library for free, they lose my business. Publishing has a lot of issues and they need to get their act together, just as much as the book stores do. Electronic devices will not wipe out physical books, but that does not mean publishers or stores should be complacent or over pricing either.


Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment