Friday, June 10, 2011

Sometimes all you can do is laugh

Thanks to Neil Gaiman's Journal, he really rocks, I have been introduced to a site that will most definitely be bookmarked.

This Is Not The Six Word Novel by Jen Campbell has interviews with writers, discusses her own writing process and the book industry, but the posts singled out by Mr. Gaiman are titled "Weird Things Customers Say". Ms. Campbell works in a bookshop called "Ripping Yarns" and for the Love of God this poor woman is subjected to some unbelievable insanity which proves once again that truth is really stranger than fiction.

Here is a quick sample:

Customer: Do you have a copy of 1986?
Me: 1986?
Customer: Yeah, Orwell.
Me: Oh – 1984.
Customer: No, I'm sure it's 1986; I always remember it because it's the year I was born.
Me: ...

And that my friends is just the beginning...

Cheers!
MissFifi


No comments:

Post a Comment