Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

Earlier we had a tornado warning here in NJ. Now it is lovely and sunny out. Mother Nature is on a strange trip with the weather this spring and my heart goes out to everyone in the South. The devastation is awful and I have no idea how they will all dust themselves on and move forward. God Bless.

I finished reading "Rum Punch" by Elmore Leonard. I enjoyed it, but it was weird. He is a very unusual writer. There were sentences I would have never deemed allowable, but then again, he has his own way, his own voice. I will read more of his works in the future for sure.
My next read is "A Moveable Feast" by Ernest Hemingway. I read about it recently and while I am not a huge fan of his, I read The Sun Also Rises and it was okay, to read his memoirs of being in Paris during the 1920's intrigues me. This also helps me stick to my plan to alternate my reading of fiction and non-fiction.

I need to find another area rug for our living room. Once again, furniture has been moved and we now have the perfect set up. I giggle because I am sure or I will move stuff again, hopefully for not some time though. I would like one with hints of green, beige, cream and even a touch of brown or black. The one rug across the room is cream and black. I am not into matchy matchy rugs, so i would just use some similar colors.

Avocado Yogurt Dip with Cumin is on the menu tonight for dinner. A friend is coming over and I figured this would go nice with some chips and carrots.

Holy awesome kitchen renovations on Design Sponge.

Since I have a potty mouth, this Just Dance Art poster from 2nd Coming in Portland Oregon is right up my alley.

Door Sixteen posted a commercial by David Lynch for his own David Lynch Signature Cup Coffee. Insane and brilliant. I want to hang out with Mr. Lynch and have him eat my avocado yogurt dip :)

Cheers!
MIssFifi


No comments:

Post a Comment