Monday, March 21, 2011

Self Publishing and a touch of the blahs

I have been toying with the idea, but to be honest, I would prefer a publisher with money for marketing, an editor and artwork. Self publishing seems a way to go, but only if you are ready to take on every single step that a publishing house would take. An excellent post by Jim C Hines regarding this issue is one that should be read. Also, check out the comments because there is great feedback in there as well. Props to Amanda Hocking for being level headed and not nasty about publishing as a whole.


My new net book arrives today and I am giddy with power. FINALLY, I can get back into my groove.

I solicited an agent February 28 and it is now March 20. While slightly disheartened, I will have to gear up a new query letter to be sent out by next week. Oh the agita I have. I try not to let it get me down, but it does my friends, it does.

Massage wise I am going to take a mastectomy course. The more modalities I acquire, the better chance I have of getting hired by a hospital. So we will start there then do pre natal. I would not care if I just worked per diem, I just want to work. To be able to do massage and write is a perfect world for me. Actually, getting paid for both skills is the perfect world so come on, NO WHAMMIES!!

Cheers!
MissFifi




No comments:

Post a Comment