Thursday, March 31, 2011

Author + Bad Review = Cringing Amusement

While I live for the day I get a book review, this article from e-reads, twittered by Kim Lionetti from the literary agency Bookends, is a warning to those authors who lack professionalism and a thick skin. This is one of the reasons I choose not to self publish. Not because I lack the two things I mentioned, but because editors exist to hopefully prevent the nightmares that this book seems to overflow with.


I have followed the Bookends blog for some time. One because they provide invaluable information, not that I always follow it which makes me an ass, and two they are from New Jersey. Shout out!

My most recent finding on their blog was the owner Jessica Faust stating you can solicit more than one agent at a time. This opinion varies from agent to agent. I had read not to do such a thing, then elsewhere it said you can solicit fifty at once, etc. I am going to go with Ms. Faust and hit a few at once today. I have nothing to lose at this point. Pride? Dignity? Please sister, I am trying to sell a book, I have pride in my work but I relish the opportunity to get it out there. More so I relish a critique, an editor. A pat on the back or a kick in the ass, it is all the same now.
What I am trying to figure out is if this book does not move, it will be my newest novel I am working on that does. I have high hopes for myself, but I also know if your first book is not receiving a peep your query sucks and maybe, so does the story itself. Blood, sweat and tears mean nothing if you can't get it to the masses. This learning curve is bumpy, but I appreciate it best I can. If I didn't I would throw up.

How about this snow were are going to get? Ridiculous!

Cheers!
MissFifi


No comments:

Post a Comment