Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kindle



Thanks to Amazon's little "Trade In" button for a third party buyer, we got rid of a decent amount of DVD's and books we no longer needed or used. Because of this, we will soon be the proud owners of a Kindle. And it cost us all of $25.00.
Yeah Baby!
When I mentioned to one of my dear friends that we would be getting one she said, "I don't think I would like that. I prefer to hold a book." To which I replied, "So do I, but if we go somewhere on a trip, (stop laughing at my fantasies), or I want to read something just out right away, BAM! There it is."
I understand why people are opposed to the idea. Books will die, you need to hold it, but in truth, it is just an extra way to read for me. I read stuff now on my computer and I still buy books or take them out of the library. Certain books I prefer to pull fro the library first before purchasing anyway. Cookbooks being one of them.
Erotica, which is NOT easy to come by in a library, is easier to get online. Jasmine Jade Enterprises who publish A LOT of that, will know me soon enough. I can get free e-books there and at Project Gutenberg, whom I just noticed have Agatha Christie and Paradise Lost, awesome!
My grubby little hands will still hold books, but its the idea of having access to even more stuff that makes me giddy. This also gives me a way to support more writers with purchases as well. Put it this way, we are jazzed and I cannot wait to get this darn contraption and start using it.

And by the way, I am serious glutton for punishment. My library currently has on hold at my request, The Eyre Affair: A Thursday Next Novel. I read about this series yesterday, thanks to the fine blog Smart Bitches Trashy Books, and decided to check it out. To go one better, I even ordered Storm Front (The Dresden Files Book 1) because numerous readers on said blog suggested that series was a good one. Yeah, yeah, I am a hypocrite, but at least I am a well read one. ;-)

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment