Friday, February 4, 2011

House Envy

We all have it. There are those who will deny it, but in truth, a lot of us covet a kitchen, a closet and a bathroom of either a dear friend, wealthy celebrity or blogger.
Now, some of the houses may be too sparse or too clean/minimalist/white or too expensive, but I can respect great design regardless.
I came across this blog Honey We're Home and when I saw some of their rooms, I literally almost fell off my couch. The closet, the mudroom, the kitchen, very elegant and not necessarily my style, but yet, I wanted it. I mean, I find the Tory Burch box displays in the closet a bit much BUT, they stand almost as art pieces. As I looked at the pictures that is when it hit me. I have serious house envy.
I love our little house and it is a work in progress and will be for some time until we get more cash and can do things they right way without going to the poorhouse. That being said, I cannot help but get a little green when I see a home done the way I would like mine to look. I see wonderful touches for the home, like at this store Harabu House, and green up that I cannot afford such a luxury. I am not alone, this economy makes gum a luxury.
As shallow as this seems and no we do not need "things", I still want these delicate and elegant touches. I am not afraid to admit that sometimes I look at all these home sites and get a twinge of jealousy. There is something about design, good design, that brings a smile to my face. I think most people do want to surround themselves with pretty things, things they enjoy and love. Some have sentimental value, some were recommended by Dwell. No matter where we get our house envy or decor envy, it does say something interesting about who we are. What stirs the envy? Is it the color or the layout? Is it because you never thought of doing it that way and when you see it, it strikes you? Was it the gardens? The patio or the soaking tub? Why? Because it denotes money in our society or because you want to have a little luxury before you pass from this great world? House envy is not as simple as I thought. It makes me think and wonder what I am trying to say about myself, if anything at all.
Allow me to end this post with further insanity. Glorious and stunning, I love Oceanside Glasstile. Check my link to the bathroom gallery. (I have yet to do kitchen or other rooms, God help me.) I am in love with the Tessera collection, especially the Incense color.
And that my friends is all I got today.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment