Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Eyre Affair...

Was wonderful!
This was one of the most original and unusual concepts I have ever read. And yes, I am have already ordered the second book from my library. This is one enjoyable wacky and unusual series. Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself, but I love Thursday Next and all her compatriots and nemeses. The references to other famous characters and pieces of literature and British culture was so well done throughout the novel. Impressive, very impressive. Neil Gaiman came to mind a few times and I wonder if he ever read this book because I think he would get a kick out of it.
I also need to check out Fforde's Nursery Crime series. Seems it is along the same line but with Nursery Rhymes. Good times indeed!
I am now going to start reading Storm Front, the first book in the Harry Dreseden series. My fingers are crossed as I am hoping I am on a roll with finding stuff I will enjoy reading series wise.
My Kindle arrive and I admit, I am addicted and cannot wait to start downloading books.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment