Monday, January 10, 2011

Triplets, Blue and Books

Forgive my lack of posts, but I have the honor of helping out dear friends while their nanny is away for two weeks. I am assisting with three very lovely and sassy triplets. These gals are awesome and at three months all have their own little personalities. How any parent does this without having a flask permanently attached to their hip is beyond me. All kidding aside, their journey was even more incredible because these little ones were born via surrogates in India. Now, I know some folks are against the idea, but please, read the story before getting all judgmental. These three girls are seriously adored by their families and all their parents friends so no bad karma okay?

I love painted floors. Adore them actually and this post on Apartment Therapy about blue floors made me drool.

Believe it or not, I am still reading the J.D. Robb "In Death" series. I know, shocking right? I am about to start book number 5 called "Ceremony in Death". I admit that I have figured out who the killer has been in every book, am I sleuth? Nah, just lucky. When you introduce new characters each time deductive reasoning says "Hey, it is either Edgar or Poe." (See what I did there?) I have never read a really hardcore murder mystery and perhaps I should go get me some Agatha Christie, but I do love Eve's tough as nails persona. I also like her hubby, Roarke, for the simple fact that he is the one steady calm in her life. For once it is nice to read a relationship that has it's quarrels or tiffs, but does not fall apart like a dramatic scene written for acting class. I do have my beefs about parts of the series. Words like "more" and "greedy" are used a lot in their sex scenes and I pretty much have come to expect him to cup her breast every few pages or so. This is usually why I dislike series novels so much. It is way too easy to fall into the same routine for your characters without even realizing it sometimes. But, for now, I am happy so we shall see how far I get. I am surprised no movie has been pitched for this non-bumbling female cop, but Hollywood still seems to prefer its women semi-helpless if not strong at all. C'est la vie!

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment