Wednesday, January 26, 2011

BBC

Yesterday I watched the BBC mini-series North and South. Good Lord it was wonderful! I cried, a few times mind you. I loved it. The acting was excellent and I have a new heartthrob in Richard Armitage. Nom nom nom nom. A very intriguing story by Elizabeth Gaskell about the Hale family that moves to Milton in the North of England. An industrialized town, filled with mills. The Hales come from the South of England and their daughter Margaret sympathizes with the workers and butts head with the owner of the local cotton mill, John Thornton. I insist that everyone read this or watch it, it is a fantastic story. The BBC has taken Gaskells' novels, North and South, Cranford and Wives and Daughters and turned them in to miniseries. I have seen them all and was impressed with how ahead of their time they must have been.

Keeping with all things English, I have begun reading Wait for Me! Memoirs by Deborah Mitford, Duchess of Devonshire. Her style is dry and witty and her incomparable life is fascinating.

I adore this wall mount pump, but $70?? Really??

Okay, must contend with snow today, good times. Stay warm if you are in the cold zone!

Cheers!
MissFifi


No comments:

Post a Comment