Friday, November 5, 2010

Raise the Roof

Since we bought the house my husband has rhapsodized about how one day he wanted to raise the roof and make the second floor taller. We know that would one day require an architect and most likely a boatload of cash. In a recent issue of Southern Living Magazine, there was a house that made me catch my breath.

The design was exactly what we wanted to do.

The architecture firm is Gardner Mohr Architects out of Chevy Chase Maryland and this is the house. They went into Asian minimalism in the kitchen which I would most likely not do, but we love the sun porch and I covet the two bathrooms, especially the master bath. I do not think we could do a bath that large, but then again, who really knows? I would love to at least see what they could do with our second floor and find out if even the first floor would need remodeling. Architects see things much differently then the rest of us hence they have ideas that neither of us could dream up.

One day my friends, one day.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment