Monday, October 4, 2010

Hush, Hush

Just discovered this book Hush, Hush on The Well-Read Wife blog and I really want to read it. BUT, I think I should not read it since I am working on a story that also has Angels as a main character and I should avoid any outside influence. I hit a wall of writer's block recently and reading some supernatural story excerpts from other writers did not help. It confounded me further. Undue influence is something I try to avoid because my character's have their own voices, not mine, not yours, their own. So by reading anything that is remotely close to the same topic or character development I have messed with my own head. After a conversation with a friend who kindly let me use him as a sounding board, I am sticking with my original ideas. It is weird when you start to question yourself, your own creativity, but that's life. We all beat ourselves up, being our toughest critics. Now I will lay my weary head down and hope I wake up refreshed, ready to write.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment