Wednesday, October 27, 2010

From yellow to green

Our living room is a poorly painted semi-perky yellow. I have nothing against yellow, but I prefer a more sunflower yellow. I had seen a cool photo in This Old House where someone used the Tuscany type color of our dining room next to the soon to be dark sage green color of our living room. I had never considered such a combination but once I saw it, I loved it. And now that the green is on my walls?

LOVE IT!!!

Home Depot decided to stop carrying Ralph Lauren paints so we got a deal when we bought it. Of course now, if I need more paint, I will have to locate it, but that is okay. Anyway, it is really awesome to watch the room begin to change just by the superb color choice. With the recently painted white faux fireplace it is a striking color. Even though we have all been told a can of paint can transform a room, it is still pretty incredible to watch by how much. Granted, not everyone digs bold colors in the home, but we do. I would love to get photos up, but our digital camera is one of the first every on the market and even when you charge the batteries, they are no longer holding the charge. Maybe I can borrow someone's or figure out how to get my phone to do it.

Behr paints and Apartment Therapy are doing a Room for Color contest. There are very interesting and inspiring entries.

Now I always look at kitchen design ideas because we are cooks in this casa and because sometimes we are overwhelmed by the McMansion ideas even now. Big Island, marble, etc. I am really diggin these colorful cabinets in the kitchen and I see the possibility of going down this path.

Gotta go rest since I have more painting to do tomorrow.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment