Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hoarders

WOW!
I watched all of season 1 on Netflix today and it was mind boggling. Compulsive hoarding is this incredibly crippling mental illness. A few of the folks made me want to smack them so hard, but I realized as I watched, how trapped they really are by these irrational feelings. I felt sorry for their families and friends who could only stand by helplessly as they watched their loved ones spiral further out of control. Season 2 is not on Netflix yet, but I admit, I cannot wait to see the show as it is addicting, but not in a "watch the sideshow" kind of way. For me it is a pure fascination with how the mind can just compensate or meltdown in ways that we never even imagined for the slightest tragedy or concern. If you have never seen the show, you may want to check it out sometime.




Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment