Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mary Magdalene Tattoo

Since Mary Magdalene is a major character in the novel I am working on. I have been doing research on her. Of course, I do not see her as I was taught by the Catholic Church back in the day that she was a prostitute. Was she a sinner? Probably, but aren't we all? My vision of her is she was a devout follower of Jesus Christ who had immense strength back in a time when women were no more than commodities. I may be idealizing her in some ways, but I like to think of her as a woman who stood by her convictions. She just got tainted by it pretty hardcore for it as well.
Enough rambling. I came across a church in San Diego that has a pretty cool logo of her and I have decided I would like that as a tattoo at some point.


While the tattoo is very Gothic looking, thank you Filomena :), in my story she has golden hair. The reason for that is behind the altar of my old church was a giant mosaic of Christ on the cross with mourners at his feet and Mary Magdalene was one of them with her golden hair. A fond memory and I wish I had a picture of that mural.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment