Monday, June 7, 2010

Southern Living

Spanish Moss which I adore

I realize that I have a very unhealthy obsession with the magazine Southern Living. Their garden ideas are always drool worthy and the recipes are pretty darn choice as well. I also love their house design sections. I covet this kitchen like nobody.
Which has made me consider, what is it about places or cultures that are so different that attracts us to them? What is it about going to another state or country that draws us to them and makes us never want to leave? I enjoy where I am now and where I have grown up, but I do sometimes Wonder what would it have been like to have lived in the Outer Banks of North Carolina or San Francisco? Yes, I have been lucky enough to visit these places, as well as many others, but each of them have touched me differently. While I am not so sure I would bode well in the South for various reasons, I am drawn to certain areas and parts of its traditions. That may be what attracts me most. College football aside, there is many wonderful traditions and fascinating pieces of history from Virginia to Louisiana to Alabama. We have discussed making North Carolina our home one day so maybe I will be able to explain then why I am drawn to Southern Tea and Magnolia trees.

Cheers!
MissFifi

2 comments:

  1. Erin Shaw StreetJune 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM

    Thanks for your comments about the magazine. We appreciate you reading and are sure you'd love it here in the South! Please keep us posted with what you'd like to see in the magazine. Erin Street, Southern Living Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erin! It really is a wonderful magazine.
    I can think of a few things and will see if I can email you direct.

    ReplyDelete