Monday, May 17, 2010

Renovate

This weekend, the hubby and I did a lot of major yard work. Between the two of us we ripped up our shoddy front walkway, moved the old mulch and relocated some plants. Went and bought the vegetable plants to put in the vegetable garden, I also put in some Hollyhock, daisy and sunflower seeds since it is fenced in and the evil deer will be unable to get them, I hope. Laid down sod, potted some of the herbs and dug up a mound of weeds to place some deer resistant herbs there as well. My husband looked at me and said, "Now I understand where the term "Country Strong" comes from." I agree.

We did get a quote for having a professional pathway put in going from the driveway to the front door as opposed to how it was from the street to the door. Let's just say it was not cheap. So, we will wait on that for a tad. Which is fine. Houses take time and money and we have time, just not money, but so what? I am not looking to be in House Beautiful anytime soon so no worries there.

I am seriously considering filming our hideous pink bathroom to get on Dear Genevieve on HGTV, but the last few times I watched it, they seemed to only work on serious McMansions or houses that were much larger then ours. One woman was crying in her video so I am thinking if I can get all dramatic and weep over the grout everywhere and the toilet next to the wall, I may get us picked. Fingers crossed!

Cheers!
MissFifi

1 comment:

  1. Really..."Evil Deer"...what do they have knives or baseball bats or something? :)

    ReplyDelete