Thursday, March 18, 2010

Birds

I had the distinct pleasure of having a bluebird in my yard the other day. This was the first time I have ever seen one in person and I was mesmerized by it's coloring.
What I love most about our area of Western NJ is when I take the dog out in the morning, I witness an array of ornithological beauty. Cardinals, Blue Jays, Hawks, Mourning Doves, Crows, Black capped Chickadee and a myriad of other birds I have yet to identify. We also have God's garbage men, turkey vultures, aplenty.
There is something lovely about the screeches, whistles and songs being the only noise I hear in the morning. Heck, I hear it all day unless I have music on. After living an urban life for most of my life, this is a very welcome change to the sounds of cars, fire trucks and screaming people.

Black Capped Chickadee

Cheers!
MissFifi

3 comments:

  1. Great picture Miss Fifi! And like you I too love the music of the birds in the morning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard this?

    http://www.birdsongradio.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check that radio out :)

    ReplyDelete