Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Holy Wow, it has left the premises

Excitement, fear and wanting to vomit are all the emotions I am feeling since twenty minutes ago I sent out the query letter, synopsis and manuscript for Retrospect.

WOW. HOLY CRAP.

I am so nervous and freaked out. My baby is gone, it has left the building and it is a good thing.
Now I understand why parents tear up on the first day of preschool.

In 8 to 10 weeks I will receive a notification that I will be published, rejected or need to revise and then they will publish. Invigorating? Yes. Amazing? Yes. Need a bottle of wine? Absolutely. While I am proud I even got this accomplished, it makes me want to keep chugging along and try harder. What I am doing as I wait for my tea to steep is gear myself up for the editing and rewrites I am about to do for my next book. This is the book that my friends agreed to read and offer comments on. I love this story, it is wonderful and I need to do my best to perfect it because that baby is going to be sent to an agent.

I realize not everyone will like what I chose to write and that is just fine by me. There are books I loathe, but they need to be out there because tastes vary and because I need to believe there is a place for me in literary land.

For now I am going to relax a few minutes, stop worrying about what I did or did not put in the synopsis, grab my notes and start the next process.

Cheers!
MissFifi

1 comment: