Friday, January 1, 2010

Romance Novels Rock

Welcome to 2010, so far, so good. The Honeymooner's marathon, never gets old for me.

Thanks to the wonderful ladies at Smart Bitches, Trashy Novels, I came across a delightful novel called Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie.

I was laughing from page one to the end. Witty dialogue, a great romance, relatable character, everything I want in a book. I got it from the library yesterday and I read it in a couple of hours. I have actually picked it up again today to review parts because I loved it so much. Now I need to go buy it. I especially enjoyed the fact that the main character, Minerva, is zaftig. Yes, a sexy, rubenesque woman who is tortured by her mother to lose weight, has good friends and a shoe fetish, ends up involved with a very handsome, smart, funny and kind man. When a writer can make me laugh, sigh, get breathless and turned on, they have done their job. Thank you Ms Crusie, you are my new favorite and will now devour everything you write. Happy New Year indeed.

Cheers!
MissFifi

2 comments:

  1. Nothing is better than those hardcore romance books, referring to classical ones indeed, have you read, Venus In Furs by Leopold Masoch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I will check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete