Monday, January 11, 2010

Darn these sinuses of mine!

I am writing this post from the comfort of my bed. I got sick over the weekend, so did the hubby but he went to work. Now I lay here like a slug, drinking green tea with ginger and honey, downing Tylenol Sinus and orange juice. My sinuses are throbbing and if I could, I would rip them out with my bare hands.
The biggest bummer for me is I just started Curves and was looking forward to my second session today, but I have to wait until I am better to get in shape. Yeah I know I am whining, but I have a fever so please let me.
This morning, I sat in bed with my net book and decided to seek inspiration by watching a few episodes of Carter Can and Red, Hot and Green. Nicole Facciuto the designer on Red, Hot and Green is an incredible talent and I wish I could hire her to do some stuff around here. I sat in bed, blowing my nose, coveting some really great concepts. Nothing like watching a very handsome man build a sweet looking bar in a family room. Yes I have a crush on Carter and no, I am not ashamed of it, though my husband just shakes his head and laughs.
We have always wanted to use sustainable materials and I picked up a few choice ideas while watching the shows. I have an issue with wasted space in our kitchen, poorly laid out cabinets, a pantry that is in the worst place. I wish the Carter Can show would come East, but they only do houses on the West Coast. He did a kitchen redo that I adored with a beautiful dry goods/vegetable storage unit.
Anyway, enough of my longing for home improvement. Whenever I get sick all I want is Miso soup and wasabi. I think I need to start keeping that stuff in the house so I can make it at times like this.
I am going to try and nap soon. For now I have HULU up and I am sort of watching "Washington Square."

Cheers!
MissFifi

2 comments:

  1. thank you for your kind words. if you ever need any advice, just ask! hope you're feeling better!

    thanks for watching...hopefully we cheered you up!

    -nicole

    ReplyDelete