Friday, October 16, 2009

TGIF Thoughts


That photo is of Glacier National Park. Breathtaking isn't it? I have always wanted to go there, but for now, this photo will have to do. When I do get there, I have a feeling those mountains are going to look even more majestic. Amazing that the United States has such beautiful diversity in its land. This is also why I want to road trip one day. Our country has A LOT to see and what better way to do it then by traipsing across it in a vehicle? One day, one day...

Last night we had the pleasure of attending a friends wedding. They are already married but her hubby, who went to Fordham for his Masters in Theology, fell in love with the Catholic faith and intends to make it more user friendly, so they renewed vows in the Catholic Church. It was a lovely experience and a cocktail hour followed at the fabulous Park and Orchard. Their pierogi are hand down some of the best I have ever had.

I have the pleasure of meeting a friend for lunch today at a Diner. Comfort food at its finest right? At least I get to have say, chocolate chip pancakes, before I either get a shot or drugs for this wretched joint that is masquerading as my elbow. The evaluation is today and hopefully I will leave the office pain free. I feel like an arthritis patient today as the weather made my arm extremely stiff and sore. It sucks.

Then it is back to the grind with my story writing. There has been considerable progress made with "Retrospect". I now know how it will end and how I am getting to the end. Now to make it all coherent and exciting to the reader, that is the true difficult task. There is also a new short story in the works that will get submitted to another literary magazines contest. I would like to do Romance Writers of America's huge contest, but I will not be ready in time nor have the $100 entry fee. That is okay, there is next time and I will be ready for that one in particular then.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment