Friday, October 23, 2009

Layer away!


It is icky out today. I don't mind this weather actually. I knit, drink tea, read, write and pretty much enjoy myself regardless of the grey skies. Of course, I do get chilly. To keep our heating costs low, we have a programmable thermostat so the heat comes on only at specific times. So this means I layer like a champ. I knit myself a shrug last year out of Lion Brand Homespun yarn. It came out lovely, but it is not a good look for a busty, short waisted lady like myself. It is a good thing to have though when one is chilly and is not looking to fund a small country for heat.
I bring this up because I read this article on how do we stay warm during the fall months, without turning on oil or gas yet. The comments are helpful and the link to the Re-nest site with ways to help cut costs is too. Enjoy!

Cheers!
MissFifi

1 comment:

  1. I'm cold natured-so I do the layering thing year round : )

    ReplyDelete