Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weird NJ

I set off an a drive earlier today, headed out to Godlewsky Farms as I was unable to make it to the farmer's market this weekend. I went online, read the directions, did my own mapping and of course, passed the street I needed. So I proceeded out a bit further into Warren County than I needed, but I came across a street with the oddest name that I nearly slammed on my brakes.

Shades of Death Road.

Only in NJ my friends, only in NJ.

I did find the farm, which was HUGE and had stunning black earth everywhere. They also had rows and rows od gorgeous mums. I got a wonderful bounty at the farm. For $10.00 I got 6 ears of corn, 2 bunches of purple Kale, 2 yellow squash and a quart of tomatoes. Take that conventional gross produce suppliers that call themselves grocery stores!

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment