Friday, September 18, 2009

Religion


I have been toying with the idea for months and months about getting back into a church community. We have been fortunate that some of our friends are active in the Episcopal Church so we have participated there a few times. It is similar to Catholicism, which I was raised as, except it is more open minded and liberal. This of course makes being an Episcopalian much more appealing. The only fault I have found in some of the churches is that they have awful music and choirs. I know, I know, you all think I am crazy, but it is true. When I was a kid in Catholic school, the nuns voices were superb and we, the whole congregation, would belt it out. I am well aware that lack of attendance and growth is be part of the issue. A lot of these churches do not have young members like the mega churches do, hence there is a small talent pool. Certainly wealthier churches have better resources to cultivate excellent music programs and even do more outreach.
Community is what I am ultimately looking for. A place to be welcome, share similar ideas, have discussions and enjoy. I would maybe even like to get involved in some community service programs.
If I do end up finding someplace lovely, I will make sure to post it here. In the meantime, if you have suggestions, I am always open to it.

Cheers!
MissFifi

1 comment:

  1. You are more than welcome to join St. Mary's in Pompton Lakes. Feels like the old St. Anthony's in paterson. Open minded , non traditional and yes..."WE BELT IT OUT".

    ReplyDelete