Monday, September 28, 2009

Day out for a friend's birthday

My friend Nancy was born September 27. So instead of buying her something boring and no fun, I arranged for her to come down to my house so I could take her out and about for the day. My only requirements for her were to wear sensible shoes and bring a camera.

First stop was CocoLuxe Fine Pastries in Peapack. Luckily it was beautiful out so we sipped coffee and ate pastries outside. Then we trotted over to Liberty Park down the street and Nancy took pictures of the swans. There was also a beautiful old Catholic Church, St Brigid, and I took a picture of her in front of that.

Second stop was Natirar. A beautiful park that has a stunning 33,000 square foot home overlooking the land. There is a stream you can walk along and look at the pretty little waterfalls. Richard Branson has leased it to open The Club at Natirar.

Third stop was the Leonard J Buck Garden. Absolutely beautiful and the suggested donation is a mere $3.00. I had no singles on me, just change so I put that in the donation box. Next time, when I bring the hubby, I am going to put in more money. It was such a beautiful, calm place. Nancy and I both love to garden, she is a mentor, and to see how they laid stuff out and sit on benches to take in the view was heavenly.

Fourth stop KC's Coffee place in Chester for some Southern Pecan coffee and a snack.

Final stop was The Streets of Chester.

All in all a good time was had by all and we look forward to doing that again.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment