Sunday, June 7, 2009

One day, I shall make these desserts

(Sylvia Weinstock cakes)

I have only recently become a HUGE fan of baking. Mostly bread, scones, coffee cakes and quick breads, but I am baking nonetheless. I am seriously impressed with people who can bang out major pieces of art with a bundt pan and caramel.
In honor of this monumental path, my mother would be amazed and laughing her ass off if she was alive, I have decided to list some baking recipes I would really like to attempt at some point, but at the present time, I am more in awe of them. Have no fear though little ones, I will do it, because not having a Kitchen Aid Mixer won't hold me back! Take that Martha!!!

Flan de Queso - I used to hate flan until a pal's cousin made it. Apparently I always had poor renditions of it.

Madeleines - one of the greatest cookies ever created by a human being. Trust me.

Red Velvet Cake - as cake or cupcakes, I will eat it without hesitation.

Chocolate Cloud Cake - If I could eat this and look like Nigella Lawson, I would IV it into my system.

Knit Night Cupcakes - Adorable!!!

Lemon-Poppyseed Brioche - Sara, my friend who showed me how to garden, turned me onto the Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day book. This recipe is something I want to try so I have it with my tea.

So that is what I have so far, let me know if there is something you have always wanted to try but haven't...yet ;-)

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment