Saturday, June 13, 2009

How does one combine their passions?

Martin Blank (Grosse Pointe Blank) -
"When I left, I joined the army, and when I took the service exam my psych profile fit a certain... moral flexibility would be the only way to describe it... and I was loaned out to a CIA-sponsored program, and we sort of found each other. That's how it works."

In a perfect world, I would be as stealth as Aeon Flux and as talented as Fiber Artist Extraordinaire Xenobia Bailey. Alas, the world is far from perfect and I, like most of us, are always climbing the mountain to the next adventure.
Ironically, I love to help the sick and dying and at the same time wished I was NCIS, SWAT, or anything that would allow me to carry a serious gun and do damage on those that prey on the weak.
Aeon Flux feeds my inner desire to be a contract killer/spook/hit man/angel of death, all the dark side of my own humanity. Her character encompasses all that is comical about the beauty of a woman who can kill you with her thong. I actually wish I was Peter Chung who created Aeon Flux, but if I can be the animated character, I will take it.
Xenobia can take yarn and have vision beyond a simple scarf or lace pattern. Her top here in this photo is drool worthy.
To be that talented and to have others covet your artistry and to want to hire you to produce works for museums, fashion, whatever. Xenobia is the bomb!

Wouldn't it be really cool to be able to combine both extremes? Contract killer/government spook by day, artist by night? Shoot a pedophile, crochet a chair. It would be all in a days work and a fulfilling one at that. This is a pipe dream and sort of twisted but it says a lot about who I am doesn't it? Caregiver, compassionate, wanting to beat someone with a bat and a taser for being a douchebag. I am certain we all have these sides to us battling it out, I am just more open about it. (I am sure the FBI has happily flagged me now too.) Why deny that I would mercilessly beat the person who burned a dog for fun? Same goes for someone who throws an infant around, I will take you out as you lost your right as a human being. Alas, this is not a perfect world and I cannot vigilante my way through it, even if I do knit fabulous hats.

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment