Sunday, May 3, 2009

A rainy Sunday, but Saturday was nice!

So today is a rainy day, but relaxing. We are still waiting on news to see if our deal with the house is going forward or if the hunt resumes. Not excited to resume a hunt, but it is really out of our hands now. As Tom Petty sang, "The waiting is the hardest part." It is and it sucks, but it is what we must do. Just keep your fingers crossed that we will hear something ASAP so I can either curse like a sailor or begin drawing up my garden.
We went to NYC yesterday, it was a beautiful day. Bought the beloved Aussie biscuit, Tim Tams, the greatest cookie EVER! I highly recommend dunking them in a cup of hot tea. MMMMMMMMMMMMM...they are hard to locate here in the states. We got them at the Holy Land Market on St Marks, so if you are in the city, go get yourself some. Of course they were expensive, $6.99!!, but so darn worth it.
We ate a very yummy lunch at Curly's Vegetarian, their fries with the buffalo sauce is out of this world! Meat eaters can enjoy themselves at this place as well because taste is what Curly's has in spades.
Then we popped over to one of our favorite spots, The Strand. Honestly, if I could, I would be there all the time. Terrific bookstore and amazing titles.
Then as we walked all the way back to 120th from 34th, the subways were really slow and it was such a nice day and I need to lose about 20 pounds off my ass, we turned and there was this cute little boy coming towards me chatting with his dad who happened to be Matthew Broderick. I almost yelled out "Ferris!", but held back. Not a tall man, but handsome in person.
So now I will return to making my garlicky lentil soup for today and then it being Sunday, it is Law and Order:CI and In Plain Sight night!

Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment