Skip to main content

Septic Inspections are fun!

Ahh the joys of becoming a home owner.
So, we had the septic inspection today, our seepage pit is backing up into the septic tank, there is way too much liquid so it needs to be remediated. Our lawyer has to find out if they sellers have any money at all to do the fix themselves OR they can give us concession. It is at least a $10K repair job. Oddly enough, the hubster and I are eerily calm about the whole thing. No reason to get ourselves in a tizzy until we see what the sellers say. We figure they are going to have a stroke when they got the news, yes they pumped it every year, but, literally, shit happens, so I will keep you posted.

As for my next move career choice wise, it has only been a day since my rejection online, today I got the letter. Good times. I am still toying with trying to get back into college and get my Bachelor Degree. I think I need a few days to still sit with it and see what path feels right. It certainly will not happen overnight, but something will come.

Enough self pity crap, here are some choice links:

I really, really want to eat here someday: Blue Hill Farm
Why I wish I had money. So I could spend it at this art gallery in NYC: Julie:Artisan's Gallery
AMAZING jewelry by 2 designers for those that dare to wear art Symbiotique

Have a choice evening!
Cheers,
MissFifi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

Bad Writing Abounds In Twilight Novels

I have never had the desire to read the "Twilight" series. What I knew about them sounded like a bad young adult novel and I could not be bothered. Besides, I read Anne Rice's Vampire Series years ago, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but that was enough vampire lore for me.I have a very good friend that loves "Twilight". One day I saw her book on the table, picked it up, read one page, threw the book down and said to my husband, "This is written like absolute crap!" And yet the books are best selling series and the author makes millions. Bless her heart. I hate dumbed down books and I really hate books written as if the author never took an English class. Oddly enough, Ms. Meyer was an English major, go figure. From what I have read in regards to the Twilight books and heard during conversations about the beloved series, I know that I do not like her main characters. They sound like people that would fall under Too Stupid Too Live for me. A vapid, needs to …