Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Music, Music, Music


I have never looked as good as Ann Miller above, BUT she was a fabulous dancer and I loved to dance and danced we did at least 4 nights a week. God I miss Aldo's, Pipeline, Club USA, Limelight....those were the days.
Sitting here, revamping my resume and typing a cover letter, I decided to look up songs I have heard over the past few days to just blare them and let them wash over me. Music is very telling. I do not care if it is cheesy, romantic, hardcore or just plain dull, the songs we love, the lyrics we sing, the music that moves us, all define who we are in some ways. Without further fanfare, here are some new and old songs I am listening to. There will be surprises in some of my choices, but hey, that is what makes life interesting and why you all dig me.


Ben Harper and Relentless 7 - Shimmer and Shine
Best first line in a song ever: "It takes a hundred miles of love to heal a mile of pain"

Lily Allen - The Fear
Sarcasm beautifully done. The remix of the song rocks too.

Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
My God does this give me hope about the state of music. Thanks LA!

IAMX - Kiss & Swallow
Grazie Daniela for introducing me to this!

Newsboys - In Wonder
Yes, it is Christian Rock, deal with it, they are fantastic.

Depeche Mode - Wrong
They have written some of the best music and lyrics over the decades. Keep 'em coming!

Dead Can Dance - The Host of Seraphim
I was privileged enough to see them perform. They are a true cult band with immense talent.

David Bowie - Jump They Say
He is brilliant. I wish I had an ounce of his artistic vision.

Cocteau Twins - Millimillenary
Favorite song of theirs. It belongs in a movie and I may need to write the scene for it.

Swans - Children of God
Sometimes experimental is a good thing. Haunting song.


Cheers!
MissFifi

No comments:

Post a Comment