Thursday, March 5, 2009

Another day, another carrot


(Thanks to Warner Bros for that image)

Hello my lovelies! After a lovely afternoon spent with my awesome partner in crime, Nancy, I was driving home and listening to 1010Wins. They were talking about Monster.com's job fair in NYC today and how 3500+ people showed up. What really caught my attention was when they spoke to a representative of St Barnabas Medical Center who stated they have tons of nursing jobs, non-clinical, clinical, you name it. This made me nearly drive off Alps Road to call them and demand to speak to that particular woman. Since I began my Oncology Massage Training I have applied to every type of job known to man within that particular hospital system. In the recent month or two I have applied to a total of six different positions ranging from Unit Clerk to part time Secretary in Infectious Disease. (I would LOVE that.) Now, I am no fool. I know how hard it is to get into the hospital system, but being that I volunteer for their Hospice unit, you think I could get an edge. Nope, nada, nein. Times are tough, they are what they are, but enough stupid phrases, this pissed me off. I have a ton of experience and yet, I apparently lack something to even get a part time gig. I try not to be ungrateful and angry, but please allow me this brief rant. I also have a bee in my bonnet, and what a cute bonnet it is, about the lack of funding for school loans. If my job becomes obsolete I need training. If I want to move up in medicine or certain other fields, I need training and schooling. College loan rates are up to 8% and many of us cannot pay even for a state a school without going into debt I need schooling to move up further into Public Health as well as take continuing education to keep my massage license. UGH! UGH! UGH! I will now dust myself off and share some good links because that my friends is what really makes me happy.

Miss latch hook rugs? These will offend someone for sure.
If I cannot break into the medical world, I will return to the arts, become published and regress back to my Gothic punk days wearing these fabulous baubles by Londons Gate.
Yes, I would return to San Francisco just for these donuts.
I must order chicken poop!
I have a thing for abandoned buildings, especially hospitals/asylums. The Kingston Lounge captures their beauty and staid loneliness.

Some songs I will always love:
Halovox - Retrospect
Adam and the Ants - Antmusic
Front 242 - Headhunter
The Damned - Eloise
Wire - Ahead
Human Resource - Dominator (remix Beltram)
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Happy to See Me
The Psychedelic Furs - Into You Like a Train

Live and dance your butts off!
Fifi

No comments:

Post a Comment