Tuesday, March 3, 2009

AArrrgghh!


That photo depicts the kind of day I am having.
Our dog has had the chills all morning along with labored breathing. She was panting and whining and so I called the vet and $100+ dollars later, she is being given Pepcid AC. Animals are just like us sometimes with meds for ailments...tomorrow we get results of her stool sample. During the exam everything sounded fine to the doctor so gastrointestinal is the way to go it seems. I gave her the Pepcid 15 minutes before she ate, but after Izzy ate dinner, she was uncomfy and shivering and burping. I am hoping the stool comes back clear and after another 1/2 dose of Pepcid in the a.m. she will be right as rain.
My wrist is another story. I am yet again, typing with one hand, since my De Quervain's is at an all time inflammatory high. I feel like I have one of Dante's circles of hell on my wrist. Let me be honest when I say I helped irritate my ace bandaged wrist today by typing the beginnings of a short story for me to submit to another contest. I am beginning to think I need to invest in a voice activated writing program. I wonder if it could speak like Stewie? Hugh Jackman? The Lollipop Guild? We shall see. Anyway, yes I have my wrist splinted and thanks to a wonderful, longtime friend in the medical field, I will be taking ibuprofen twice a day and trying to rest the wrist. Wish me luck as I would like to avoid the cortisone and surgery.

Here is some food for thought. Should medical schools accept funding from pharmaceutical companies? Some professors are consultants for the drug companies therefore they promote the drug in the classroom. Is this a bad thing or a good thing? Read and decide. This article discusses Harvard Medical School and money from Big Pharma.

Last night on Charlie Rose, I had the privilege of watching him interview one of my all time favorite opera singers, Soprano extraordinaire - Jessye Norman. She is elegance personified and you must all witness her eloquence and grace. Here is the video link.

Songs I adore right now:
Eddie Vedder: Hard Sun
Depeche Mode: Wrong
Kings of Leon: Use Somebody
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals: Magick
An oldie I never tire of - Skunk Anansie - Selling Jesus

Much love and sunshine,
Fifi

No comments:

Post a Comment