Friday, February 13, 2009

Wrist, writing and (w)rescue

So this is De Quervain tendinitis which is what's wrong with my wrist. I have to keep my wrist splinted and rested as well as take ibuprofen. So my hubby gets to do my emails and posts - lucky him, ha ha!

Thanks to Westminster Dog Show I totally love the Tibetan Mastiff. Westminster also partnered with the charity Angel on a Leash.

And thanks to my continued unemployment, I have been reading a lot: right now Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell is the top book. I am also registered at Daily Lit and am reading Mansfield Park. I have also been watching movies and probably have a career as a movie critic at present. I just watched Night Nurse with Barbara Stanwyck and Clark Gable. This movie was made in pre code Hollywood - what's pre code you ask? It's before religious and moralistic people got upset that adult situations were played out on screen. Drugs, sex, etc. were corrupting our youth! it's actually fascinating history and there is a whole documentary on it. Check it out if you can.

If you can please donate to the Red Cross for the fires that have ravaged Australia. While we're talking about Australia have you seen the kind firemen who helped the koala? It is good to know there are still decent people out there!

Cheers,
Fifi

1 comment:

  1. Homoeopathy can be useful for this syndrome also.

    ReplyDelete