Skip to main content

Puppy, People and Philanthropy


This is our beloved Jack Russell Terror, Isadora aka Izzy. She was born with cerebellar hypoplasia so she has to use a wheelchair to run and cause havoc. Before she had the wheelchair, she would roll, stumble like a drunk and hit her head, of course we think she has a permanent concussion due to that, but we may never know. Anyway, to prevent Izzy from being bored, JRT's like activity as much as possible, we ventured out to the park. This was her very first outing there yesterday and we had a blast. She walked, ran, attacked sticks and proceeded with her normal behavior of threatening others within a 30 yard radius, a successful visit indeed. I need to take pictures of her running with a 3 foot stick in her mouth. It is entertaining and I am hoping the busier the park gets, the better she will be and lose some of her aggression. This is why we hesitated before, but I think it will work out well. Plus she slept hard after and we like that the best!

I admit I am not a nice person when it comes to all the current foreclosures. I worked in Mortgages years ago and when sub primes began, me and many others knew it was risky and stupid. Thanks to greed on the bankers parts and sheer belief amongst the regular folks that the "American Dream" was their right, many people have lost their homes.
Perhaps it is me, but if someone offers you a $500K loan and you only make $35K, you sure as hell know you cannot afford it, but you hear what you want to hear come out of all the mortgage companies mouths and sign the papers anyway?!? You then feign ignorance to how your loan was structured, the lack of lawyers involved is astounding, but brokers do need to own up they did not explain shit too, then cry that Wall Street did this to you?!? I think not. I think most of us in America are a bunch of spoiled brats who want things NOW to show status and damn the hard work and the rules to get there. The coveting of cars, houses, I-pods, TVs, clothing is absolutely insane. Why not covet someones investments or savings or real estate ventures? Why not covet education in finances, estate planning or private wealth? Go covet something that can teach you how to build wealth and be solid. Purchasing a Coach bag will not make you wealthy. You will look pretty on the food bank line though. Regardless of the market, Warren Buffet and many others are hardly worried. Even at its worst right now, we still have more than most countries and this lamenting about having to downsize and not shop is really childish. We are still a new nation, so we behave like teenagers. Europe and Asia are older and should have known better, but they played with us teens, now they are paying for it too. Of course, once the economy comes back we will all forget this episode because humans do that best. Hopefully we will finally realize that "Greed is Good" was just a line from a movie and not a mantra for life.

You are all better than the above, so go and donate: Charity Navigator

Here is a wonderful charity called DonorsChoose.org. Teachers list what they need for certain projects, you pick what to donate, kids get to learn and are happy, then everyone feels good. Honestly, it is truly a terrific idea.

For fun: Fabulous way to disguise kitty's toilet

Peace, Prosperity and Critical Thinking,
Fifi


Comments

  1. Though I've never met Izzy I can say that I am smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Izzy is adorable. I recently adopted a 7 month old Jack Russell from a dog shelter. He saw snow for the first time recently (infact I just put the pictures on my blog last week) He also wears a coat. Spookily I have a kitten called Izzy too. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

I have made a painting for our living room where I sewed a dress onto a canvas. Now I need pages from a decadent book, get them on there and the piece will be complete. I will take a picture once it is done to share. It was a lot of fun to do and if I knew I could make money selling them, I would do more.

We have decided to forgo a built in bookcase in the living room. While I love the whole idea of some accent piece in the living room,I would rather it be the books and art work, not the bookcase/media center that would be holding it. So now we are looking at furniture similar to this console from Ballard Design. Just at a much better price.

This display from the blog Chic Provence makes me want to grow wisteria for the rest of my life and only dine under a fabulous pergola.

Theresa Burger, I love, love, love your resin rings.

Ahhh, one of my favorite all time songs by Dead Can Dance called Indus. It is sublime.

As a former jewelry designer who knew how to work as a metalsmith and with wa…

I AM ON A MISSION

And not necessarily a wise one. Human beings like to collect things. Whether it is comic books, Dr Who paraphernalia, baseball cards, guns or weird cat art, for some reason we have a need to hunt and gather. I am not very good at things like Ebay or Craigslist. I basically suck at bidding and I get lazy about checking every hour for the possibility that someone may have posted/listed something I want.

Until now.

Recently I have gotten a bee in my big ass bonnet to locate a great deal on the following furniture pieces.

Hoosier Cabinet

I want this awesome piece of furniture for my kitchen so I can eliminate most of my upper cabinets and have a place for flour to sift out of because that would make me so cool. Some are wood, some are retro metal, all that matters it is a multi-functional piece of art that would be amazing to own..

Pie Safe


I don't make pies and that is irrelevant to my desire for one of these.

Vintage Ice Box

Where would I even use this? I don't care. We can addres…

A Good Book Here, A Good Book There

Took a hiatus. Yeah, I am sure you all noticed. Been trying to get things moving along and with that I had to slack and so I slacked on the blog. Now allow me to share our little artificial tree that our son and his grandma decorated with glee.


In the last two months or so, I no longer bring my computer upstairs. Instead I have started to read at night. While this may not sound like any big deal, it is a little for me. I love to read, but due to school, home, obligations, and writing a novel, I somehow pushed reading an actual book to the side.  Like a lot of folks I got more caught up in the rabbit hole of the internet. Now, I do love getting sucked down various rabbit holes, but I also felt that I needed to actually unplug.
Allow me to sidebar a bit here.

I had been struggling with my book for a very long time. In the last 6 months or so it got worse. I had lost the true nature of the story and could no longer hear the character voice. I am not the first writer this has happened to…