Thursday, January 8, 2009

Celebrities do not know you, deal with it

I worry for the general population who read In Style, People, US Weekly and all the other magazines that cover celebrities. They read the articles and then these readers write in like they know them personally.
"Jennifer Aniston is a lovely woman and I wish her the best"
"Britney, it is good to have you back."
"Brad is a fiend!"
"Tom Cruise held Katie hostage!"
I want to shake these people and tell them "THESE PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW YOU AND WILL NOT BE CALLING TO SAY "HEY, THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK!" THEY DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK!"
I think the reason I am annoyed by this is because of the recent coverage of John Travolta and Kelly Preston's loss. I do not care they are Scientologists or actors, they lost their son and they will never be the same. It should not be fodder for the public and it is none of our damn business. My friend JoAnn and I had this discussion today and we both feel it is disgraceful how the media has handled this situation. A child died, parents and sibling are distraught, now media and celebrity worshipping public, I say it sincerely, Piss off and just say a prayer.

On a lighter note: If you need ideas for decorating, especially in city apartments, this site has some fantastic photos and ideas

Ahhhh Princeton: This little diddy sets ya back $3.9million. Thanks http://www.ntcallaway.com/










1 comment: